East African Civil Aviation Academy is a leader in aviation training and we’re always looking for talented people to help us change airline pilot, Aircraft Maintenance and flight operations training across the globe. Uniquely, our approach is always student first.
This approach and our reputation is built on the exceptional quality of our team. They’re one of our key differentiators in the marketplace. With their extensive sector knowledge and deep industry credibility, East African Civil Aviation Academy is well positioned to respond to the ever-increasing demand for outstanding pilot training
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans both serving Public Officers in Ministries/Departments/Agencies and Local Governments and Applicants from outside the Public Service to fill vacant posts.
Please Note: -
a) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted;
b) Shortlisted candidates shall be required to bring along with them certified copies of academic documents, their original certificates, transcripts and letters of employment during the Oral Interviews;
c) Serving Officers should ensure that their Staff Performance Appraisals for the last three (3) Financial Years are submitted before the date of Oral Interviews;
d) In case of any inquiry, contact Tel. No. +256772574221 or +256454461245 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should have the following Core Competencies:
- Public Sector Management, Results Orientation, Ethics and Integrity, Interpersonal, Communication and Computer Skills, Ability to Adapt to Multi Cultural Settings, Innovation, Concern for Quality, Standards and Technical Competence, Ability to Coach Subordinates and Report Writing Skills.
- Strategic Thinking, Negotiation Skills, Team Building, Conflict Management, Policy Development, Change Management, Research and Project Management Skills.
Ministry Of Works And Transport
Department: EAST AFRICAN CIVIL AVIATION ACADEMY
HEAD OF TRAINING FLYING SCHOOL
Minimum Age :
Applicants should be Ugandans in possession of an Airline Transport Pilot License or a Commercial Pilots License with Instrument Rating and Frozen Airline Transport Pilot License or an Aircraft maintenance Engineer’s License (Category ‘A’ or ‘C’ and ‘X’). Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree or Masters Degree obtained from a recognized University/Institution will be an added advantage.
Applicants should have nine (9) years relevant working experience, three (3) of which should have been served at Chief Instructor level in Government or equivalent level of experience from a reputable Organization.
The incumbent will be responsible to the Director of East African Civil Aviation Academy, Soroti for performing the following duties:-
- Ensuring implementation and execution of the Academy’s development strategies;
- Providing leadership and direction for technical staff, ensuring that they meet the set performance targets;
- Ensuring satisfactory integration of practical, synthetic and theoretical knowledge training and for supervising the progress of individual piloting students;
- Ensuring satisfactory integration of Air Traffic Management simulator and practical training and supervising the progress of individual students;
- Ensuring that the Academy’s training programmes comply with the approved training methodologies;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
East African Civil Aviation Academy is looking for determined Chief Flying Instructor to join the team at the Academy in Soroti Uganda.
a) He/she will be responsible for the supervision of flight and synthetic flight instructors and for the standardisation of all flight instruction and synthentic flight instruction;
b) Designing, developing and implementing the syllabus for the Flying School in consultation and liaison with UCAA, in comparison to similar organisations and in compliance with the requirements of Civil Aviation (Personnel Licencing) Regulations.
c) Be accountable for the adquacy and efficiency of the teaching aids, tools and equipment of the Flying School
d) Initiation of policy and development plans for the EACAA for consideration by Director
e) Preparation of estimates of expenditure for the Flying School
f) Supervision of Flying and synthetic flight training and standardisation of all flight and synthentic flight instruction,
g) Day to day administration of the Flying School
a) Hold the highest proffessional pilot licence related to the flying training courses conducted;
b) Hold at least CPL/IR/MER with at least a total of 1,000 hours of which at least 400 hours are of flight training instruction
c) Hold an Instructor Rating for at least one of the type of aircraft used for training purpose.
d) Have good interpersonal, technical competency and a person of integrity and with good communication skills, and have good understanding of human nature and posses the ability to get along with other people
Please send your hand-written Application, CV and Academic documents to Director's Office, P. O. Box 333, Soroti, Uganda or Call Director's Office on +256772574221