Position:Chief Ground Instructor
To supervise ground instructors and for the standardization of all ground instruction.
- Designing, developing and implementing the syllabus for theoretical training of pilots in accordance with CAA approved courses;
- Assessing and determining the adequacy and efficiency of the teaching aids, tools and equipment for pilot training;
- Initiation of development Plans for the Ground School for consideration by the Academic Registrar (Head of Training);
- Preparation of estimates of expenditure and procurement plans for the Ground School;
- Ensuring proper management and utilisation of department resources;
- Representing the School at meetings on Ground Instruction both local and overseas;
- Day to day administration of the Ground School;
- Set and review pilot ground school exams;
- Evaluate applicants for eligibility for admission; and
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.